I simplify complex information through my background in graphic and UX/UI design. I love to create better digital experiences.
UX/UI Design Bootcamp
University of Toronto | Completion December 2022
Trebas Institue | Certification 2001
Susan David Photography & Design
Mississauga, Ontario (Freelance/Remote) | Feb 2008 – Present
- Create storyboards and user personas, incorporating them into design decisions, resulting in an improved and significant design creation.
- Design useful and elegant digital experiences.
- Collaborate with other UX designers to ideate concepts and solutions for an app, maintaining design consistency and coherence across features in products.
- Focus on user-centric design research, user interface development, visual prototyping and wireframing, and web prototyping.
- Created and maintain WordPress sites for local shops.
- Use DIVI to create and edit websites.
- Photograph food, social events, lifestyle, corporate headshots, and weddings.
- Time-lapse video for promotional material on a construction project.
- Magazine layout and ad creation for a national magazine
Royal Canadian Yacht Club
Toronto, Ontario | Jan 2012 – June 2020
- Oversee all graphic design, web design, social media, photography, and video for the club.
- Open dialogue with staff and management during the full design process.
- Editorial layout and design of member magazine, promotional material, annual reports, digital screen banners, website banners, and internal documents.
- Manage the club website by collaborating with all departments to ensure accurate information is shared to the membership in an easy-to-find format.
- Maintain all branding for print and web assets and ensure guidelines are upheld.
- Create email marketing campaigns on a weekly and ad-hoc basis.
- Manage social media uploads from other departments to ensure brand consistency.
- Photograph special events such as Santa photos, Summer Ball, and Cruising Sailors Squadron yearly dinner.
- Compile & create an annual video diary compiled of member photos& videos shown at our end-of-summer celebration.
- Create original designs with the information provided by conveners to create promotional posters for events in digital and print formats.
- Copy editing materials related to communications, such as magazines, and annual reports.
- Work with vendors to ensure accurate and timely submissions.
- Create and maintain files for all creative assets and resources such as photography, art files, and special fonts
- Considered the go-to person when other work needs to be done or extra assistance is required.